Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Writer's Block

Anyone who writes frequently has at one time or another experienced writer's block. I am just now recovering from a case that made it necessary for me to take a hiatus from my column. Writer's block may take many forms, in my case I was unable to get the thoughts from my brain to the paper in any semblance of order.

Thanks to the inspiration and support of an old friend and new love, I find I am once again able to write. So once again I fill my favorite briar, sit back, and cogitate on nothing until the thoughts form and the words come. I hope you will enjoy the results.

What makes life worthwhile? The answers to that question are probably as numerous as there are people, for each person's perspective is somewhat different. To many people a job is what makes life worthwhile, the joy of getting up, going to work, and doing their job to the very best of their ability fills them with a satisfaction they find difficult to explain to people who feel differently.

For many what makes life worthwhile is the ability to gather material posessions, a new car, a nicer house, more and bigger things that add to the comfort and ease of life. I have no quarrel with people like this but I would like to remind them of the words of an old sage who said " he who dies with the most toys is still dead."

It is my belief that what makes life worthwhile to most people can be summed up in one word LOVE. Whether it be the love one feels for his job, his sport, or for another person, LOVE brings peace to the soul and a smile to the heart.

Many wars have been started and ended by love, and almost every life has been changed ( whether for better or worse ) by love.

My hope for my readers is that they will find something or somebody to love, and that each of your lives will be made more worthwhile by this discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment