Sunday, June 20, 2010

MY OWN ROCKET


How do you spell freedom when you are nine years old? BIKE!!! Mine was a red and white rocket from the Gambles store-no fancy gears or anything like that. Mine was a bike made for the wear and tear that only a nine year old boy in a small town can give a bike
I remember well the 26 inch tires balloon tires, the tanks on the sides, the long horn handle bars, and even the tear on the black leather seat I put there while learning to ride it.
I also remember riding down the steepest ditch banks I could find, riding four other kids, my midnight ride to the police station when my cousin got hurt, and so many other great rides including the ride to Meeker Junior High the first day of school when a bunch of my friends and I rode together because of the Porter Gang.
Mainly I remember the freedom, the ability to get away from everybody and everything. Just getting on my bike and going, leaving all my problems far behind.
DOES ANYBODY HAVE A BIKE FOR SALE??

No comments:

Post a Comment